This entire mess could have been avoided had BCCI taken action in the Chennai meeting of 2013. Srinivasan and his avid supporters refused to take action against Guru and CSK, thus invited today’s order.
This process would be complete if follow-up action is initiated by BCCI on the lines indicated below:
1. Srini is obviously guilty of protecting Guru and CSK. BCCI should take immediate action against him by withdrawing his nomination to ICC;
2. BCCI should should suo moto withdraw the amendment regarding conflict of interest of 2009;
3. BCCI should suggest wholesome amendments to rules n regulations to the Justice Lodha panel;
4. NS has no moral authority to continue as head of ICC. He should step down immediately, failing which Board should take action;
5. IPL Governing Council should be reconstituted on the lines of NBA and NFL where team owners have a say in the management;
6. Anti corruption unit of BCCI should be brought under the control of an independent regulatory authority;
7. BCCI should release the names of indicted players;
8. To make IPL viable BCCI could auction two more teams and after two years have IPL with 10 teams, as originally intended.